Sam Newsome

Sam Newsome
"The potential for the saxophone is unlimited." - Steve Lacy



Now available of Bandcamp!

Now available on Bandcamp!

Now available on Bandcamp!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

HELLO!

I'm Sam Newsome and this is my new BLOG. I just wanted to say "hello" and to tell you how much I look forward sharing ideas about the soprano saxophone. I'm sure it will be a learning experience for everyone involved!

FYI: Blogs will appear every Monday. The first blog, beginning May 31, 2010, will address the common problem of INTONATION.

Don't forget to SIGN UP!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had the privilege of witnessing an awesome Monk medley in Sibiu, Ro in May 2010. Incredible consistency, drive and control. Best music as taught in US universities.

joesh said...

Hi Sam

Nice to see a blog dedicated to the straight horn.

I have some of the early Terrence Blanchard CDs and so enjoyed your 'jazz session' interview with Jason Crane which of course inspired me to look you up on the web.

I wondered whilst listening to the interview 'who' you listen to for soprano inspiration. I see the top 5 mp3s but wondered if you also check out the likes of Evan Parker, John Butcher, Stephane Rives - the list goes on - etc? It would be wonderful to have a post from time to time on what/who you're listening to and what you're studying at that moment.

All the best

My Profile said...

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll address the things you suggested, in Monday's blog. And I enjoyed checking out your site, too.

Best, - S

joesh said...

Thanks for checking out my blog Sam, even if it's just a musicians little (rant) way of letting off steam from time to time.

I'll be leaving a few comments on your recent post.

Best - Joe

Blank Page Syndrome

Sydney Sheldon's poignant quote, "A blank piece of paper is God's way of showing you how hard it is to be God," deeply res...